Friday, January 25, 2013

Three Point One!

I did it! This afternoon I ran 3.1 miles at a steady pace (with zero walk breaks) on the treadmill and I seriously had such a runner's high! Like I didn't even feel like I had to stop running when I was done because I felt so good!

Not including warm up and cool down walks!
And just to think of all I have overcome to get to this point. Not only was I overweight and totally out of shape a few months ago but I had to deal with this dumb asthma on top of it all. Today I ran without my inhaler and I am dreaming of the day I can throw it out for god! (Although that probably will never happen, haha) Wishful thinking, I'm aware, but the old Alicia would have laughed at the thought of me running more than 1 mile straight so this is exciting in its own merit. 

The last half mile got kind of emotional for me, I kept thinking of how defeated I felt at the beginning of this all and how dang strong I feel now! Obviously I'm looking at race websites to sign up for my first real 5K! Details to follow of course :)

It was truly one of the best moments of my life so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment