Thursday, January 31, 2013

Getting pumped!

I'd say life has gotten in the way of my blogging this week--but it's been accounting homework! It's something you get used to as an accounting major since homework and study for exams seem never ending. It's for sure a good thing that I love accounting. 
 
At the moment, I only have one run between now and the race--tomorrow morning! It was so warm and beautiful outside at the beginning of the week that I just had to take advantage of running outside! So, yesterday morning I went outside and did a big figure 8 around main campus and south campus. It was so windy yesterday and the second mile of the run was almost entirely uphill and I basically died during the last big hill. Despite all of the obstacles, I still managed to beat my time goal for Saturday. I wish I would of taken a screen shot of it when I got to the 2 mile mark so that I could remember better, but I did it in about 20:30 so maybe I'll beat that tomorrow! I did walk/jog the last 0.16 of the mile as a sort-of cool down. Hopefully it will be nice enough out tomorrow to do this again!
Elevation vs. Pace; I clearly slowed down a lot going uphill!


I'm not going to post yesterday's weigh in. Not because it was especially awful, but because it was around the exact same as it was last week so I don't want to bore you. I wasn't too surprised, I ate like crap at the end of the weekend and the beginning of this week so I'm pretty happy I stayed about the same! I've gotten back on track though, so maybe there will be a change next week? I would love to get to my goal weight soon but I'm not gonna stress it. I know I'm eating right and I do notice a difference (even when the scale doesn't move) so there's no need to add that stress to my life!

For some reason, the dining locations on campus have felt it entirely acceptable to serve bananas so green they are practically neon. And I don't want to wait like 5 days to eat it, so annoying! All that to say that I discovered freeze-dried banana slices at Target today. It sounds disgusting but they are so yummy and very low-cal since they aren't super processed/preserved. I'm going to try them in my oatmeal after my run tomorrow so here's hoping they do the trick!


Tomorrow is packet pick up for the race and I'm super excited! It's going to be hard not to spend any money since it's at a running store in town, but I'm gonna try! I'm starting to get kinda nervous for Saturday but I know I'll have a good time.


I hope you all have had a good week and are staying safe in this crazy weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment